Climate Literacy Programme
Delivered in-school through a team-teaching teacher training lens, with 8-week modular structure that fits the transition year programme.
On completion of the module the teacher will have the knowledge and course content to deliver the programme.
About the Programme
8 week module delivered in a double class once a week.
After the training, teachers will be able to deliver the course independently with another group of students. Classes are informative, fun and engaging with the objective of joining the dots for the students between what they do and consume in their daily lives to the problems and solutions incurred with the
It covers 8 different environmental topics with an action project in the last week.
It is typically run with transition year students, but it can also be run in CSPE and ad hoc across the curriculum. This course can be run for many years to come, as it is updated annually and there will also be additional topics added to the syllabus.
It includes teacher training, equipping them with the knowledge, attitudes and skills required to effectively and confidently deliver the course.
How it works
Download our Brochure
How it works
Download our Brochures
Benefits of Our Module
- Topical and action-based course that will equip them with the skills, tools and knowledge to live sustainably.
- A platform to identify future jobs across green sectors.
- Developing an idea into an action with measured results.
- Teacher training and resources to teach and deliver an 8-week module.
- Use of an interactive online learning platform for teacher and student support.
- Improved educational knowledge and skills.
- New game-based methodologies.
- A 32-week Transition Year course and teacher training.
- A relevant and up to date action-led course for students.
- TY learning objectives meet the criteria of statements of learning set by the education department.
- An affordable and accessible programme for teachers to deliver.
- A programme that promotes global citizenship and community engagement
This is open only to schools who have completed the first year of our Climate Literacy module.
- Access to updated resources
- 2 x in school workshops and online teacher training (delivered in September and October)
- Access to our MYQUEST student workbook
- Ongoing support.